With it’s endless array of stunning scenery, what follows are but a small sample of what the Stockholm Archipelago is like – remarkably beautiful. It’s a quick visual tour on the diversity of looks and land features of the Stockholm Archipelago.
Being the second largest archipelago in the Baltic Sea, the Stockholm Archipelago totals approximately 24000 islands and islets. The archipelago is located to the east of Stockholm, with the city providing a great jumping point to visit this vast and beautiful marine formation. Alternatively, on any cruise sailing through the archipelago to reach Stockholm, you will get a chance to see many of the islands, islets and shorelines from the comfort of your cruise ship.
Hopefully, you enjoyed this brief visual look at the Stockholm Archipelago. It’s serene natural beauty definitely is worth making the effort to see.
If you found this helpful, then please share it and read the rest of the Stockholm Mini Guide for more tips and research on Stockholm:
- 5 Free Things To Do in Stockholm With the Family
- How to Get to Slussen T-Bana From Stadsgarden Port Area
- Free Wifi Around the Stockholm Stadsgarden Port Area
- 8 Practical Tips for Visiting Stockholm’s Subway Art
- Photo Series: Stockholm Subway Photo Series
- 15 Fascinating Things To Do and See In Gamla Stan
- Photo series: Gamla Stan
- Photo Series: Stockholm’s Changing of the Guard